Cackler smackdown!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
On my Dad's old duck club in Imperial Valley near the Salton Sea (which my cousins now own) so far this year they have killed:
Sprig-81; Greenwing Teal-418; Cinnamon Teal-82; Spoonbill-52; Gadwall-12 and Widgeon-18. Plus 27 Snow Geese and 20 Specs.

Been a good year so far.

Reactions: cacklercrazy

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
On my Dad's old duck club in Imperial Valley near the Salton Sea (which my cousins now own) so far this year they have killed:
Sprig-81; Greenwing Teal-418; Cinnamon Teal-82; Spoonbill-52; Gadwall-12 and Widgeon-18. Plus 27 Snow Geese and 20 Specs.

Been a good year so far.
Sounds like a good year.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Thanks,but not honkers. All little guys.
You and I are slowly educating the crowd here :) Kinda like the Canada geese verse Canadians thing :)

I'm stuck here at work till 27th. Our duck 2nd split goes till 31 Jan and Dark goose till Feb 13th. Chomping at the bit to get back. Son has a good hunt lined up in the am as it seems we have an oddity going on this year of Pintails coming east to west on the Platte. Local guide friend north east of Denver almost pulled off the double ( limit of ducks and dark geese) with four clients. 2 Springs mixed in. All in a dry field. Pretty cool.

Reactions: cacklercrazy

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
You and I are slowly educating the crowd here :) Kinda like the Canada geese verse Canadians thing :)

I'm stuck here at work till 27th. Our duck 2nd split goes till 31 Jan and Dark goose till Feb 13th. Chomping at the bit to get back. Son has a good hunt lined up in the am as it seems we have an oddity going on this year of Pintails coming east to west on the Platte. Local guide friend north east of Denver almost pulled off the double ( limit of ducks and dark geese) with four clients. 2 Springs mixed in. All in a dry field. Pretty cool.
A double limit would be assume!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I remember the first Cackler I shot. I was about 12 and my Dad and I were hunting over a spread of goose decoys and a small group started to decoy in and I didn't shoot when Dad did and he ask me if something was wrong with my shotgun. I said they were too far away. Then I realized the were just a little larger that a big duck. I got educated in a hurry. I had been used to seeing only regular sized Canadas and the Cacklers were half as big. Another flight came in and I finally got one.