CA Bear

SAR

Jun 6, 2012
Weed, CA
DSCN0825.jpg
Got my first and last bear that I’ll ever get in CA with the use of hounds, what a fun experience to see some great dogs in action. We caught several sows that we let go; thanks to the use of dogs we had time to identify them and let them walk away. The environmentalist are going to find out the hard way what a useful tool hounds are when we’re over run with bears.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
A real shame! I was hoping to have the chance to hunt Ca bears with dogs but that doesn't seem to be in the plan anymore. Great bear!

Drhorsepower

Veteran member
May 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Great bear! He looks fairly old. It sure is a shame on California. It is going to affect a lot of things. I'm hoping in a few years they will reverse their decision but hopes aren't that high, look at Oregon.

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
That is cool SAR. Congratulation to you. Time will tell in CA, how and if we will be able hunt or manage preditors effectively in the future. It seems more and more limiting and challenging of our rights and hunting heritage than not year after year. I hope for better future results for our future and for our future generations.

SAR

Jun 6, 2012
Weed, CA
Thank you all for your comments. The CA legislators say when the bears get too bad they will have their state trappers use hounds to remove the problem bears. That’s just like CA to take away a right that generates money for the state and then turns around and makes us pay to fix the problem with the very tool they say is cruel and unfair.

squirrelduster

Apr 26, 2011
Sebastopol, Ca
Thank you all for your comments. The CA legislators say when the bears get too bad they will have their state trappers use hounds to remove the problem bears. That’s just like CA to take away a right that generates money for the state and then turns around and makes us pay to fix the problem with the very tool they say is cruel and unfair.
Our state makes such stupid choices. No wonder so many working people are leaving the state..

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
That's a great bear SAR ! Congrats ! You nailed it right on the head about Ca. Management . Same thing they do with Mtn lions . Use our $ to pay trappers to kill them or relocate them. We lose and they lose. Shows you what kind of people control this state.