Buddy heater cooker

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
While watching my buddy heater heat the tent and I cooked on another propane stove I wondered if I could come up with something that would allow me to do both with one. This is the best I came up with so far after a couple hours. I'm able to lightly boil water at about 15 minutes, and I think it'll work great to warm up tin foil wrapped breakfast sandwiches and things like burritos.

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Looks handy! While my woodstove had the tent so hot I slept in underwear most nights, the lack of dealing with wood & lugging a 100lb stove may be a welcomed change.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Looks handy! While my woodstove had the tent so hot I slept in underwear most nights, the lack of dealing with wood & lugging a 100lb stove may be a welcomed change.
I prefer wood/coal heat, but while antelope hunting or if I only have a couple nights I'd rather use propane to save time around camp.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Dooooooooooode......thats awesome! Is that a rain gutter piece. I'm making one for the goose pit.
It's a piece of a lid from an old communications housing. It's probably 1/8" thick, I did drill holes under the pan to get more direct heat on it. Top of this picture you can see I cut grooves in the steel so it slides right into the grill of the buddy heater. Made 3 mornings of breakfast sandwiches for later this week, wrapped in tin foil to just through on and warm up, see what happens.

Complete side bonus. Because of the steel right above the heat element it pushes the heat straight out probably 6' rather than ther heat going pretty much straight up.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I caught my pant-leg on fire with a contraption similar once.

I always found these things to be a pain to use in the treestand.

I welded up a steel framy onto a C-clamp to holt it on the front of my treestand many years back. I will see if I can post a picture of that contraption some time. For the record it works great. To great in fact. lol