Bob cat

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Congrats!

On my TO DO list this winter!!! I have family in Montana that does trapping. I hope to learn lots and give me something to do during the off-season!

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
I hunted for thirty years without seeing a single Bobcat. Then about eight years ago I shot two in one sit. Since then I have killed two more. Nice cat!

Reactions: marcusvdk

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Seems like it has to be real cold for them to be moving in the day. I have killed several over the years and it has always been on a very cold morning. Had a guy I know in Ozark, AR kill one a few years back. He is about 6'2". Holding the cat up by the back paws even with his head it's front paws were dragging the ground. I wish I could locate the photo.

manitou1

Mar 21, 2017
United States
Seems like it has to be real cold for them to be moving in the day. I have killed several over the years and it has always been on a very cold morning. Had a guy I know in Ozark, AR kill one a few years back. He is about 6'2". Holding the cat up by the back paws even with his head it's front paws were dragging the ground. I wish I could locate the photo.
I have seen quite a few out in the middle if the day when it is in the 70s and 80s while bowhunting.
I have also seen several cross the road mid-day on summer days.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I dont shoot bobcats. Never seen a fox out of a stand but seen bobcats a handful of times.

seen a momma cat w 2-3-4 (couldnt tell) littl ones. Lil ones rolling around in grass, then flatten themselves and vanish following momma. Never actaully saw them again. One of my top 10 outdoor experiences.