Black Bear Recommendations for Alberta and Saskatchewan?!

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Looking to book group of four next year. I have the deposit. Looking for someone whose gone and seen this outfitter first hand, I hear there are alot of non-quality outfits. Looking forward to your feedback!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Highly recommend Clayton Royer of Grandslam Hunting Advertures. He is out of Alberta.

They take tons of high quality bears. PM me I have his number if you want it. I haven't hunted with him but I have a good friend that was a guide for him for 8 years and is with him this week helping out.

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Looks great Extractor. Keepinitcold- $6k is a little steep for a bear hunt in AB IMO. His outfit looks good though.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Sounds like it. They kill some huge bears but that's to much $$ for me too. I've seen a ton of pics and heard how hard they work for their clients but never asked the cost.

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Thank you for all the info fellas, I think we have decided to go with Timberlost Outfitters, 2 hours northwest of Saskatoon. The accommodations and fishing options really sealed the deal. Let me know if you've ever heard/hunted with them.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
i have hunted out of big river. different outfitter was a lot of fun. 6 foot bears both times. and seen one each trip that others harvested over 400#. the pike fishing was a blast...

Dakota Kid

Sep 12, 2014
ND
I just got back from Manitoba on a black bear hunt with my son and we had a blast. www.steeprockriver.com Wayne and his guides do an awesome job. We are planning on going back again in 2 years when my son is old enough to shoot!!!Nick Rylan 5-28-16 MB.jpg

Dakota Kid

Sep 12, 2014
ND
Thanks, we had an absolute blast. I can't say enough about Wayne Bass and his crew at Steeprock Outfitters. Top notch!!!