Biologist in Riverton Area

Browntailguy

Jan 10, 2013
We got drawn for unit 67. We are staying in riverton and I was wondering if any of you locals might know which office has the biologist that is assigned to that region? I'd like to give him/her a call and talk about the area and where I might be able to get some infor on the antelope numbers and possibly good places to scout for our upcoming hunt.

Thanks in advance

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I think you will want to call the lander office. If not it will be casper. 67 should be an awesome hunt! I hunted next to it last year and saw lots of antelope. Good luck!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Your welcome! I think they are all in the field alot this time a year which is good because they wouldnt know much if they werent. lol. Where are you from?

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
We got drawn for unit 67. We are staying in riverton and I was wondering if any of you locals might know which office has the biologist that is assigned to that region? I'd like to give him/her a call and talk about the area and where I might be able to get some infor on the antelope numbers and possibly good places to scout for our upcoming hunt.

Thanks in advance
Congrats ! A great area. I've hunted 67.68,69 and 67 and 68 had lots of lopes. At least back in 1992 to 1997....
Good luck !

Browntailguy

Jan 10, 2013
Well the biologist called me back a few days ago. He also said it is a nice area. Said overall numbers are down from the highs. Few years ago but he said since we've never hunted there before we will be impressed by the number of animals. Said the wet spring has been good to the habitat. He also said the possibilities of taking a monster animal were not high but we shouldn't have any problem tagging out with a decent buck.

Thanks again for the help. Can't wait to get out there