Big time Poacher Bust

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
While reading the article, I couldn’t help but wondering how many animals they really poached. Multiple moose and multiple sheep that they were caught with, I can’t imagine the thought process of someone who is that brazen.
Totally agree. Also what other states have they might of poached in.

Reactions: dan maule

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I guess they weren’t nearly as concerned about point creep as the rest of us.

I say, cut their right hand off.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
great to see they are caught. but wonder how many truely got poached by them before getting caught? glad to see the sentencing but do agree its not enough. they stole from all who wait to get a tag and make a honest hunt out of it!

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
What a frustrating and upsetting situation that some people feel the need to cheat and scam the system and for what? To hang some mounts on the wall?

These poaching cases unfortunately give real hunters/outdoorsman a bad image, as some non hunters will read the story and assume every hunter is operating like this.

Punishments were not severe enough in my mind. They did not meet the years of planned, calculating, and willful violations that were committed.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I read some of it and the guy put in as a resident when he wasn’t one. He also shot a couple without a tag. Took 10 yrs to get caught?

i was on another forum and a guy ratted out his uncles and cousins for game violations for a perceived slight. They lost mounts and antlers, havent gone to court yet.

are we supposed to save our old licenses and tags to prove our game was legal in the event someone decides to “swat” us for whatever reason. Some guy from SC got his critters from SC and some other state taken over some false accusations… (he was found to be legal)

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
glad they were caught. pity we must now pay to house them. wouldn't it be wonderful if they could simply be killed, mounted and hung on a wall in the courthouse.