Best solar panel for RV

jbRiMP9

Jul 5, 2019
I have a 44' RV 5th wheel with 50A shore input and onboard 5.5kw generator. I started putting a material list together for an off grid power system thinking I'd do what I see everyone else doing... 12v battle borns, rv solar panel, victron charge controller and multi plus ll inverter...etc.
After researching more I'm thinking there's a better way... like 24v or 48v, sever rack batteries, all in one growatt inverter/mppt/solar charge controller... thoughts suggestions??
Thanks

Last edited:

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I'm out of lane on what you are asking but check out Ecoflow and see if they have something that meets your needs.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I can't help much either but you would be better off with a bank of 6 volt golf cart batteries, say 4 of them. Two wired in series for 12 volts and then connected together in a parallel configuration to increase the amperage capacity with the 6 volt batteries wired in series while keeping everything 12 volt.

I worked in the telephone industry and dealt with battery racks in our main offices where we had whole walls full of 2 and sometimes 3-4 shelves of single cell batteries all tied together for massive amperage and only 48 volts.