Badlands Sacrifice Pack????

OkieHuntr5

Jun 6, 2018
Piedmont, OK
Looking at the Badlands Sacrifice pack for this years elk Muzzy season in Colorado. Anyone have any experience with it good or bad? Just needing something to pack a days worth of gear and hopefully some meat out on the first trip back to camp. I have an external frame pack to haul the rest of the loads.

Thanks

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
It functions but is basically the frame is thin metal like the thickness of two metal coat hangers. The fabric squeaks bad at the frame. Any weight over like 25lb was not comfortable for me cause there is no lumbar pad. Load lifters non functioning.

There are other packs you can use and besides badlands warranty even a cheap REI type pack with internal frame fitted to you IMO would be better especially if you need to use it to carry out any amount of weight a distance of a mile or more.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Front quarter or loins and backstraps is all that will be comfortable. I have two badlands/similar older models that I use for day packs, day hunts, turkey hunts.....etc. Now that I have my Kifaru, I doubt this will come out until turkey season.

OkieHuntr5

Jun 6, 2018
Piedmont, OK
Thanks for the info. I have been going back and forth on what pack to buy for a while. Still not sure what I am going with. Trying to stay around the $250 mark. The search continues.

OkieHuntr5

Jun 6, 2018
Piedmont, OK
I have been keeping an eye on Camofire daily. They have gotten plenty of $$ from me lately trying to get ready for this hunt. I havent had a chance to try any of the Tenzing packs on to see how they fit me. Most have good reviews tho.

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
If it were me I would either look into the REI packs the badlands 4500 or an eberlestock pack at that price range. The REI and badlands will carry a load better but I think the eberlestock will probably "feel" better on your back all day and it will carry a load, just doesn't have functioning load lifters.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Purchased a Kelty years ago,internal frame you can custom fit for you.Got lucky and walked into a sale a Sportsmans for $100.Although its only a 3500 its enough for me for about 4 days.:cool:Good Unit!

ridgetop

May 8, 2016
Utah
I have both the older and newer models and I personally like the older model better. Seems more user friendly.