AZ CC hit

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Nothing yet, I went into my portal account and looked at the application details area and it shows everything pending on the top line but one the second section is shows no tag.

Could it be that after 26 years I didn't draw a tag? Covid could be working its curse on me some more.

• Haha
Reactions: Bonecollector

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Covid has more things screwed up this year than anyone can imagine. With all the people that have flocked to the outdoors I was thinking that perhaps they flooded the Arizona DWR with applications for the HAM season for javelina in my unit. The last few years they have dropped the number of tags from 750 down to 500 or so.

I may have to wait for the leftover OTC tags to come out if we want to go down and warm up next spring.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It's not over with yet, there is always the leftover OTC tags if there are any this year.

When I talked to my hunting partner he told me that he was thinking of asking me if I really wanted to go down there this year since our friend had passed away a few weeks ago. Strange that didn't hit me too hard but I did tell him that I am having a very hard time in actually admitting that our friend is gone and at the way that he passed.

We may just take a drive down there and crack a few brews in his memory without doing any hunting, but I know that he would want us to carry on with the hunts just as if he was there with us.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Yea, but then I would be having a hard time to draw a Colorado tag as a non resident.

That's the trouble with wherever you live at and want to hunt out of state.

I think that it is because of this Covid thing. There have been more people out recreating outdoors this past summer and fall and I think that more just decided to put in for the hunts. But then the last few years I haven't seen any leftover tags for 37b where we hunt either. I looked and there are quite a few for 33 and 37a, we have hunted both units before but with the death of our good friend we decided to just forget it this year and plan out next years draw.