Aw yeah!

Never in Doubt

Jul 9, 2012
I packed in 6+ miles last weekend in the high country in D6 and filled my tag. There was a little snow on the ground on the north sides of the mountains, and temps were from 50 degrees to 30. Great hiking weather!
In archery season and the opening weekend of rifle season combined, I saw 16 bucks. Some of them were nicer than the buck I ended up with, but I wasn't able to make it happen for those bigger ones. Once I shot this buck and got closer he was a little taller than I first thought. He was feeding in some willows and I stalked to about 100 yards, as the sun was setting. Butchered him in the dark and packed out the next morning with a 110 lb pack. Totally worth it. I didn't leave any meat and I got the head. When I get some time I'm going to do a european mount. 2013 D6 Buck.jpgIMG_20130927_072247_171.jpg

There's no certain spot or place I go to. No 'honey hole' or secret mountain. I pretty much just backpack into the wilderness and look around for something. This is my biggest buck so far and I'm happy with it. Hope the rest of you California hunters have also had some luck.

Attachments

Last edited: