Archery season

Rob P

Mar 10, 2011
So archery season for most of us begins this weekend. What zone are you hunting? How long are going for? Ill be up in D5 until sunday. Good luck to everyone.

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
B zone until Monday. I usually hit it up a good 12-15 days during the archery season...cannot kill them from home.

Rob P

Mar 10, 2011
Good luck. Unfortunately this weekend will probably be the only time I get to archery hunt CA.

BossBrott

Mar 4, 2012
Colfax,CA
Gonna poke around d3 for the weekend. Didn't pick up a deer tag as I already possess a 7b tag for deer, but simply hoping to tip over a bruin. The area I hunt has a heavy population of bears, and I've never killed one with a bow. It should be an adrenaline induced hunt sneaking up on a bear.

Rob P

Mar 10, 2011
No luck for us this past weekend either. My cousin and I took his 4 yr old Arabian on his first pack in trip. Forgot how much patience it takes having a horse with you but it sure was nice having him pack our gear. Saturday eve we a had a bear come into camp. My cousin had a bear tag so he took a shot. I thought he hit it the way it bolted off but when he found his arrow, no blood. I did set up a game camera. So hopefully get some pics in a couple weeks.

Never in Doubt

Jul 9, 2012
So far I've only been able to go for a 1/2 day and I had a chance at a nice brown-colored bear. Hopefully I can go up this weekend for a few days.

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
that is a beauty of a buck.

Probably a backyard deer, not too many bucks like that on public lands anymore and they sure are not dumb enough to get hit by a car.