Archery Mule Deer Unit 37

nickpaolini81

May 24, 2012
Stoneboro, PA
We are after the desolate locations that people are too lazy to get to and possess deer. We're all in our 30's and are not afraid to put in the effort to get back in the shit. I guess I'm looking for some intel on where to set up camp (we want to camp where we hunt and not drive our truck, but use our ATVs to get to a point, then hike deep).

I've done some serious looking @ the eastern and northern end of the Lincoln National Forest (LNF). That seems pretty rough and steep....almost non-accessible. Lots of the forums I've read guys talk about White Oak and the west end of the LNF. We want to be away from other hunters and see deer. Where would you recommend?

Also, any recommendations on tactics? I have a climbing treestand. would that be worth hauling out? Ground blind? Spot and stalk?

Jeremy

Apr 3, 2012
NM & TX
Leave the treestand at home, you won't need it. Spot and stalk in the mornings and mid day then sit at a waterhole in the evenings(might use a ground blind for that). I personnaly don't hunt the national forest but that doesn't mean it's not any good. I hunt and guide on my dad's ranch but am not allowed to let friends shoot anything so I take a couple of my good buddies to several ranches that I have found with pieces of BLM land with good deer.