Applying in AZ Drawing Deadline 2/9/2021

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Must still be a lot of people having trouble, had it straight once now I can’t get back on called today I was caller 30 haha I hung up I’ll try again !!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I'm holding out a few day to get a longer carryover on the license, which will also help next year. Points only but you also never know when one of your EF friends may invite you down to hunt. ;)

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I'm holding out a few day to get a longer carryover on the license, which will also help next year. Points only but you also never know when one of your EF friends may invite you down to hunt. ;)
You can put in whatever day you want the license to start. I bought mine when the portal first opened, but my license doesn't become valid until deadline day.

Reactions: Bonecollector

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I don't think that it really matters on the license since you need one that is valid on the day of the drawing and a valid one for the hunt itself.

Now if it was like Utah where you could get by with a single license every two years it would be different.

I don't worry about it since I put in for springs hunts in October and just renew my hunting license when I put in.

Reactions: prhunter

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Got my deer app in today. First time applying for AZ, but want to start building points

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The nice thing with Arizona is that you can get lucky on your first year.

I drew a rut hunt for a coues back in 2016 with 8 points and on just a whim I put in for the same hunt in 2017 and drew the tag for the second year. All I had the second year was the loyalty point that you get after applying for a number of years.

I shot the coues in my avatar on December 29 of that year

Reactions: cking13

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
I do like that random draw. I think I’ll be using AZ as my long term hunt. Would really like to hunt one of the famed units there just for the experience

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Will the elk and antelope PPt show up after the 2021 drawing? Doesn't seem like my info was updated yet when I was in there last night purchasing my deer PPt.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
My elk points showed updated. Unit 12 and 13 may take 50 years to draw for someone just starting out. I’m at 4 points going in this year
For deer and I really wish I wouldn’t have got in the game. It’s very expensive and there is the smallest of chances I’ll ever get a late hunt in these units. Even the early hunts are taking many points to draw unless u get Lottery lucky.

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
My elk points showed updated. Unit 12 and 13 may take 50 years to draw for someone just starting out. I’m at 4 points going in this year
For deer and I really wish I wouldn’t have got in the game. It’s very expensive and there is the smallest of chances I’ll ever get a late hunt in these units. Even the early hunts are taking many points to draw unless u get Lottery lucky.
Don’t know if ya ever hunted coues but that’s my plan, I started getting points thinking about the strip but now I’m going the coues route to get out of the points game on a late hunt!!

Reactions: JimP