Apls Outdoorz Traverse X

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
Well, I just bought this pack yesterday. If you have not yet seen this new for 2015 2900ci pack its worth checking out.

from there X treme line of packs I am upgrading my day pack of eight seasons the Eberlestock Sling pack, to this. I have been making my tiny pack work and work it did, now I will actually have room to put some gear! Weather its just my lunch and some water, down to storage for my outer layers when it gets hot, or optics, weapon carriage, or even a first haul of meat back to my truck when going for my frame pack. This can set up however I want it.

Two of my most important features are,
1) a frame to keep it stiff on my back, this has a light flex bar type stiffener.
2) a belt that has room for a clipon style pistol holster. I have been so frusterated at hunt pack makers for going the way of pockets and ignoring the need for fast access to a side arm. This pack offers both!!

I do love organization. This pack has options to help you sort out gear, strap gear down, or in the pack everytime I cliped a buckle or pulled a zipper.

I will edit this post up after I go hunt for elk this September and let everyone know how it holds up, but for now, check out your local Sportsmans Warehouse to see it in person.

Attachments

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
I just bought my son a packframe from this company too. It is the "Commander" model. Looks very well made and very adjustable. It has a couple of small pockets and a rifle carrier.
Hopefully we will be using it this year to pack out his bull elk.Commander-Frame.jpg