Anyone hunted Wy Unit 36 Deer?

Verticalslope70

Jul 7, 2021
Drew this unit by accident as I filled out my application wrong. Just wondering what my expectation should be from hunters who have previously hunted the unit. I spoke with the biologist right after the draw results was posted and he said I am on the right track for areas.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
I do not know this area personally but I would strongly suggest hunting the last week in Oct. Mule deer get into pre rut then and mature bucks will start staging with doe groups. Also, snow may push more deer down for that part of the season.
Be prepared for winter weather whenever you go, snow can result in road closures that affect your travel; on both main roads- interstates and highways, and the smaller 2 tracks that can drift in.
Rough country adjacent to some hay fields may be the ticket as well.

lostriverproductions

Dec 27, 2011
Goshen IN
I've antelope hunted the area during the last week of Sept, didn't see many mulies running around, but wasn't looking. Did see some nice bucks at night by the roads, so I know they are there.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Been 2 years since I've spent any large amounts of time up there working, but there's some pretty good ones in there, just not lots of them. 2 of my buddies from Wisconsin had the tag the first year it went to LQ, like 4ish years ago. They killed a 3 year old 3x3 down in the sage, and a 4 year old 2x3 in some really broken canyons. They hunted the last 6 days of season. I've seen a few toads in there, but it's been November, so no clue of their there during season, or move in from somewhere else.

Reactions: Johnbud