Any chance of this guy going B&C

MrWoodcock

Feb 21, 2011
Austin, TX
My dad shot this deer in the early 90's, but never had him officially measured. We tried to have the local B&C guy out to measure him, but didn't want to come unless we were sure he was going to make the book. Anyone out there have a pretty good guess? spread is 26 5/8

Attachments

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
I guess your measurer is pretty busy, huh?

It is hard to tell by the photos, but that looks like a high 170s, maybe 180 gross buck. I don't think it would net out in the Awards or the All-Time Book.

You will never know until you put the tape on him. Print off a B&C scoresheet online and follow the directions, and you should be able to get close.

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
VERY CLOSE. Great fronts, height, width, but his back right is what might get ya. Look up the official measuring paper from B&C and Redneck it. If his close, do it. Just make sure to use wire, and not string.

Steve

Jun 5, 2011
Wyoming
pretty buck ArtIOWA but i'm gonna have to say no for the book i would put him in the 160's beautiful buck though

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
MrWoodcock:

I replied to your pm.

Art IOWA:

Nice looking buck, congratulations. Score isn't everything folks......enjoying the outdoors and having the opportunity to place a tag on the antlers of a mule deer is what it's really about. However, since you asked about your particular buck, I would say it would net in the 150's.....maybe less because of the broken G4 on the right side. For typical bucks, it takes 190" net (not gross) to make the all-time B&C record book and 180" respectively for their awards program.

Animals taken with bow and arrow (P&Y) is 145" net for typical mule deer.

Again, nice bucks.....both of you. You should be proud of them and thanks for sharing.