Another Poaching Case

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
The state needs to increase the reward to $50,000 and the poacher needs to foot the bill when he is caught. The poacher in essence pays the snitch for life... I like it.

Low-life's.

My buddy lives VERY close to this area and he said people are PIIIIIIIIISSED about this. He thinks that he has the one bull on his trail camera from back in September actually. He lives near the Bitner Fire hall.

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Oh yes and the poacher should be forced to choose what appendage is cut off with Stihl pruning shears....trust me they would do it quick...lol

Reactions: KHSRanger23

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I think that "Poacher" is not a strong enough word for what these aholes did. What kind of drugs are you on to kill animals like that and leave them rot. This goes way beyond what I would call a poacher. The trend of thrill killing is very scary, too many video games or something.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It is sad but I would bet that we will never actually hear what made these ashats do what they did. Were they planning on "finding" these heads this spring and then hoping that they could recover the antlers and skull plates? Were they kids out to shoot something? Who knows.

If they were out for the antlers the DOW would have a hard call if there was no evidence of them being shot unless there was a bullet left in the caucus. These type of shootings is why you can not pick up a dead head in the state of Utah without notifying the DOW and having them do a investigation before anything is moved

As for a punishment, flaming bamboo slivers under the finger nails should work quite well.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
This poaching incident is a dirty shame, any hunter would have been thrilled at a chance to harvest any of those bulls. With that much of a reward being offered, a friend or family member will spill the beans I'm sure. Poachers love to brag.

Reactions: dan maule