Animals in Packs!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Lets see em! I have a whole slew of pictures of animals on horses and such that I have used on FB. Let's see some pictures of animals loaded up in packs!

Calf that my buddy took.

My buck from this past season loaded up in a MR Metcalf. I had pretty much the whole buck, bone in.....it was heavy.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Question....any problems with insects? Years ago I used to pack a whole deer on my back (gutted of course) and in certain areas had problems with ticks & fleas, especially in areas where there were livestock. I surely wouldn't pack out a pig, the ones I've killed in texas were full of ticks and fleas. I would throw away the hide as soon as I had dressed it that's for sure.

Just sayin..............

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
how about a blacktail deer pack does that count?
View attachment 9521
That my friend is what I was talking about when I said I packed out deer on my back. I used to pack lots of deer this way, both blacktail and muleys. I remember one time packing a pretty good muley (who later weighted 150 field dressed) that about split me in half. It's brisket was pushing so hard on my spine, I though he weighed #300!. Only real problem is the blood you get one you and lice & ticks. My wife didn't particularly like me bringing home the bloody clothes.

I'm a former college football player and could pack one like this for several miles without stopping...not anymore. At 72, I'll cut them up and bone them out before I haul them back to camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: gonhunting247