Alaska 2020

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Well guys, everyone's odds for drawing elk and deer tags out west just got a little better. It will be points only for me in a lots of states this year. I drew a caribou permit for Alaska so that's all I'm worried about planning for right now. Did anybody else draw any Alaska permits today?
Congratulations bud! A lot of the tags are over the counter. Where are you hunting in AK that it had to be drawn. (keep in mind I'm no AK expert)

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
Well, they have shut down the bear hunting in Alaska for the near future. It will be curious to see how this plays out for the rest of the hunting seasons this year. I'm packing food and weighing gear today to get an idea of where I am on my weight limit for flying in, but I don't think I'm going to be buying my airline tickets anytime soon.

Bonecollector, I will hunting just north of Anchorage.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I might try to pick up a cancelled hunt if the timing and price is rite over the spring summer.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I am a member of a African hunting forum and you can just imagine the turmoil that a lot of hunters have been thrown into with what we are facing right now. Along with Africa you have problems with the rest of the world as far as getting to and doing a hunt. New Zealand, and Argentina are a couple of the others.

I think that if I had a hunt for any of those location I would be looking at re-booking for next year and only worry about hunting locally this year. Even this falls hunts could be in jeopardy due to travel and access restrictions being put in place by local governments.

Reactions: Winchester

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Well, they have shut down the bear hunting in Alaska for the near future. It will be curious to see how this plays out for the rest of the hunting seasons this year. I'm packing food and weighing gear today to get an idea of where I am on my weight limit for flying in, but I don't think I'm going to be buying my airline tickets anytime soon.

Bonecollector, I will hunting just north of Anchorage.
Sweet. Good Luck Mark. Keep us updated. I'll be there in 2021.

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
Interesting times. I have my doctors appointment scheduled to get my covid test before I fly up to Alaska. Hopefully I don't catch the bug between now and August 8th, so I can get a negative test result and Alaska will let me come hunt.

Airline tickets are cheap right now guys. Most airlines are offering flights with no change/cancellation fees. If anyone is planning on flying somewhere in the next 12 months, you might want to get your tickets now.

Reactions: Bonecollector