AK Brooks Range Dall Sherp Hunting Closed by Feds

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Won't be long and AK will be permit only.

Glad I got the chance to hunt the spectacular rams in the Chugach when I did, before it went draw.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hope this doesn’t keep on going. I have my sheep hunt booked for 2025
I can't believe people are booking sheep hunts 3+ years out and chancing the changes that are likely to come.

Most deposits are non-refundable.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Well that’s because it’s a big investment cost for me. I know the deposit is non refundable. But with the little deposit I was able to put down, it locked in a great price for me! Before fuel costs went sky high. So I was able to lock in a spot for a dream hunt and give me time to save my money. So again, hopefully too much doesn’t change for the worse

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The ever changing nature of adventure hunting is going to be interesting for the next few years.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This right here.

It's coming to the point that you need to book a outfitter a couple years out to get the best dates for your hunt

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This right here.

It's coming to the point that you need to book a outfitter a couple years out to get the best dates for your hunt
Agree

From my perspective we are already there as its been like that for roughly seven years now.

Big named outfits in AK cater to repeat first so pretty hard to get a foot in the door. Cant blame em. Great business model.

Yukon heavy hitters are getting top dollar and booked 2-3 years out.

Reactions: Bonecollector

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Agree

From my perspective we are already there as its been like that for roughly seven years now.

Big named outfits in AK cater to repeat first so pretty hard to get a foot in the door. Cant blame em. Great business model.

Yukon heavy hitters are getting top dollar and booked 2-3 years out.
I would be more comfortable booking in the Yukon than AK. They manage sheep much better.

I can almost bet major changes are coming to AK sheep hunting in the next 3 years and hunts booked that far out are going to be toast.

I would double up on the trip insurance.

If guys booking sheep hunts aren't doing some serious research and talking with those in the know about AK sheep, there's going to be some long faces and money lost. The whining should be epic.

Last edited: