against the skin layer - top

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
We had the undies discussion.......what does everyone where for a lightweight short sleeve t-shirt style against the skin shirt? Or do you just use a lightweight longsleeve t-shirt/baselayer top?

Last edited:

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
I mostly wear a light weight merino long sleeve shirt next to skin. I prefer the long sleeve over short sleeve to help ward of insects when they're bad and you can always pull up the sleeves if need be. The merino won't get as ripe as something synthetic or cotton if you're sweating heavily from working hard.

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
+1 on the merino, I also use a long sleeve but mostly to avoid sunburn on my arms (bugs aren't really an issue where I hunt). Used Under Armor forever and liked it fine except for the smell after even one day in it. Went to the Kuiu 125 this year and wore it for 4 days straight on my August archery hunt and it didn't smell at all. It kept me cool in the heat as well.

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
I also use the 125 from Kuiu. As stated above it's great stuff and way better than synthetics for smell. I bought one shirt as soon as could get my hands on it and wore it most the summer working (lots and lots of farming) and it has held up better than some of the other merino's I've tried before, the stretch that they've incorporated into this garment is really the cats meow!

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
I also use the 125 from Kuiu. As stated above it's great stuff and way better than synthetics for smell. I bought one shirt as soon as could get my hands on it and wore it most the summer working (lots and lots of farming) and it has held up better than some of the other merino's I've tried before, the stretch that they've incorporated into this garment is really the cats meow!
The new Ultra Merino is pretty frickin sweet!