Africa 2021

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Well I've gone ahead and booked a hunt in south africa for 2021 with my son.
After reading all of Jim's reports and joining the african hunting forum I couldn't stop myself. Had been planning Alaska again for a boat based deer hunt but this will actually cost about the same. With multiple animals.
Did a beginner 4 animal special with multiple affordable upgrades if seen an taken.
The guy i booked with is a little more spartan and prices in the rand so with current favorable exchange rate it's all inclusive with Joburg pickup for 2430 as of this morning. Airfare and shipping of trophies is expensive but gonna be with it .
Can't wait

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
After reading all of Jim's reports and joining the african hunting forum I couldn't stop myself. Had been planning Alaska again for a boat based deer hunt but this will actually cost about the same. With multiple animals.
Did a beginner 4 animal special with multiple affordable upgrades if seen an taken.
The guy i booked with is a little more spartan and prices in the rand so with current favorable exchange rate it's all inclusive with Joburg pickup for 2430 as of this morning. Airfare and shipping of trophies is expensive but gonna be with it .
Can't wait
I am sure that you will have a great time 25, but be forewarned. I know three different guys who have done an Africa hunt, and the $5K trip turned into $20K+ by the time they were done. It's hard to restrain yourself when you are surrounded by critters that you have never seen before.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Actually the hunt itself along with a few other animals is the cheap part. All of which can be done for less than $10,000. Most outfitters in South Africa have specials with up to 8 or so animals on the list and then you can do a alacart type where if you see a animal that you want to shoot you can go for it as long as you can afford it.

On my safari it was $5,800 for 8 animals and I added 2 more for just over $7,000

Getting them back home and the taxidermy is when it gets costly. But then I know of a couple of hunters that mostly did Euro's and flat skins which saved a huge chunk of money.

Reactions: RICMIC

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Hope you have a great time hunter25, I'll be watching this closely. I want to go to Africa with my wife and it will be cool to experience it through your trip first. I've already looked at JimPs African post too!

tx2019

Jan 7, 2019
Can't wait
Best of luck on your trip! I'll actually be hunting Africa again this summer.
More than anything else, what really gets expensive about Africa is all the return trips. My first safari was over 10 years ago. I have so much fun each trip and I keep going back!

Reactions: hunter25