Advice for my 2018 strategy

Middle Country

Nov 7, 2017
I?ve been archery hunting a particular area for a few years and have a good spot to find deer. It?s an either sex tag and I would take whatever decent body that gives me a shot.

The problem I have is the area is on the unit border and I can?t hunt both. Geographically the wind is rarely in my favor.

I have a few ideas but would like some input or suggestions I don?t list.

1. Get a tag for the other unit. This may allow wind in my favor and I was thinking try an ambush as they come and go from bedding areas.

2. Get more aggressive. Not sure about this. They are a little on edge as it is. Fear of blowing them out?

3. Find an entire new area

Forgot to mention the unit border is an L shape that complicates two sides. Virtually impossible to come in with the wind in my face because of private property. Both units are easy draw, no point minimum.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Find a way to ambush just do your best to make sure it dies in the unit you shot from. Animals crossing borders happens, but headache prevention is always good.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Getting a tag for the other unit or wait until you have a long duration of the correct wind. (Thats a real crap shoot though..)