7wsm brass

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
i know this is asking for a lot but is there anyone willing to sell any of there winchester 7wsm brass, i will pay top dollar for it.

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
How much are you looking for? I don't shoot as much as I should. Been shooting archery a lot more. I have 1 empty box of 20 right now and will be shooting more this spring. So I'll have a couple more boxes by June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
i heard a rumor that winchester is not making any more 7wsm brass till 16 or 17. i have about 35 left and doing some more load testing so trying to make it last. Annealed my brass last night to hopefully make it last longer, thanks for the help guys.

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
I have some Winchester nickle colored brass in 7 mm wsm. Some are once fired, some have been loaded a couple times. I can check, but I bet I have about 100 pieces I could give up.

One idea I'd suggest is to buy 300 WSM and then fire form it to your gun using a light load of cheap powder with 130 gr. bullet. It will form the neck or shoulder of the 300 out to fit the 7mm wsm. It is real easy to do. Just neck size the 300 to fit the 7 mm wsm and leave a collar so it goes in firm when you shut your bolt. Shoot them in your 7 mm wsm and then they are sized to your gun. I have done this with Norma 300 wsm for my 7 mm wsm and this is now my best brass, shoots crazy good and very consistent. You can order norma brass and find it on line, but it will cost you above top dollar. Anyway - let me know if you have any questions, and I can give you more specifics.

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
I have some Winchester nickle colored brass in 7 mm wsm. Some are once fired, some have been loaded a couple times. I can check, but I bet I have about 100 pieces I could give up.

One idea I'd suggest is to buy 300 WSM and then fire form it to your gun using a light load of cheap powder with 130 gr. bullet. It will form the neck or shoulder of the 300 out to fit the 7mm wsm. It is real easy to do. Just neck size the 300 to fit the 7 mm wsm and leave a collar so it goes in firm when you shut your bolt. Shoot them in your 7 mm wsm and then they are sized to your gun. I have done this with Norma 300 wsm for my 7 mm wsm and this is now my best brass, shoots crazy good and very consistent. You can order norma brass and find it on line, but it will cost you above top dollar. Anyway - let me know if you have any questions, and I can give you more specifics.
thanks for the info on that, i have been thinking of buying 300wsm brass but first wanted to try and find some 7wsm brass. Im trying to stay away from the nickel plated brass so i think i will pass on the nickel brass. Thanks for the offer anyways. Appreciate the help

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
No problem, if you need it later, let me know. I just hold onto it in case I need it some time. Nickel Brass is harder on the trimming, but it has loaded pretty nice. If you get to where you are fire forming the 300 I can send exactly what I did to make some great 7mm brass - stuff shoots grreat out to 1,000+ yards. Norma was running $2.50 per piece!! ouch. When my kids hunt with my gun, I am always digging in the grass to get the spent rounds, "forget the animal - find the brass!" Not really, but my kids must think I'm nuts. They know now they had better bring me the brass when shooting.

reload.jpg

Last edited:

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
No problem, if you need it later, let me know. I just hold onto it in case I need it some time. Nickel Brass is harder on the trimming, but it has loaded pretty nice. If you get to where you are fire forming the 300 I can send exactly what I did to make some great 7mm brass - stuff shoots grreat out to 1,000+ yards. Norma was running $2.50 per piece!! ouch. When my kids hunt with my gun, I am always digging in the grass to get the spent rounds, "forget the animal - find the brass!" Not really, but my kids must think I'm nuts. They know now they had better bring me the brass when shooting.

View attachment 12589
i might have to get some 300wsm brass and try it. There is a lot of 300wsm brass on gun broker right now. if i decide to go that route i will get ahold of u. Thanks again.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
I've been saving my brass from my 7mm mag since forever. Thing is I don't know why, because I don't reload. I once gave a co-worker 10 boxes of brass and he gave me a box of reloads with nosler ballistic tips. My rifle didn't like them at all. The target looked like it had been shot with a shotgun. Even with factory ammo my gun is very accurate.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado

A word of warning! Really inspect the nickel brass every time you size it or shoot it. I had some for my .300 Wby that started cracking just above the belt after only a couple of loadings. It is a lot more brittle that brass and is prone to cracking. Sure hate to get one stuck in the chamber after you have pulled the head off trying to extract the case after firing. I won't load any nickel plated cases anymore.

Just sayin.........