480/277's Top Five Wyoming Antelope Picks

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
1. Unit 16-1: In the heart of Sheridan County, do a quick search and this unit comes up often and for good reason . It has everything that makes Wyoming antelope hunting what it is. If you have max points NOW is the time to spend them and you can do no better than unit 16. This area has seen solid moisture this year but was clear of the worst conditions winter dealt to the areas to the West. Monster bucks are definitely a possibility here, particularly on a year like this. Probably the best bet in the state this year for quantity and quality of bucks.

2. Unit 4-1: This area is a very solid big buck producer and has been for decades. The smallest unit of the bunch but don't let that deter you. With less area the antelope have fewer places to hide....Well worth burning 7 points to secure a tag .

3.Unit 111-1 : Just east of the over rated red desert. A very solid and steady producer this area has plenty of antelope and can have some big bucks on a good year. This year should be good with the very wet spring and somewhat average winter here.

4. Unit 9-1: Sandwiched between Area 8 and 11 this area is kind of a wildcard of sorts, but can and does produce some very big bucks in some very unconventional antelope type country. A tough hunt, but worth the time and effort if done properly. If you have 8 points or more this unit is for you

5. Unit 15-1: At the very northern end of the state, against the Montana border this area has very limited hunting pressure a spread-out antelope herd and some big bucks to be had on a good year, which this is. A go to for the locals for big bucks this area might be one of the best bets for a hunter with plenty of points on a year like this.

Sincere good luck in the draw this year. And make sure to have those applications in on June 21st.

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
This seems like some good info, bro. Do you our have any insight into deer units?

I don't have any points, and can't afford to pay for access. Maybe top five units for public land and big bucks?

You seem to now alot so any advice would help. Do you have a podcast, bro? What's your Twitter handle?

Flyforfun

Jan 23, 2017
This seems like some good info, bro. Do you our have any insight into deer units?

I don't have any points, and can't afford to pay for access. Maybe top five units for public land and big bucks?

You seem to now alot so any advice would help. Do you have a podcast, bro? What's your Twitter handle?
I would like to see the same info but for the top 10 elk and deer units.

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
This is awesome! Wonder who all will be switching areas now! I can't wait to see the draw odds after 480/277 let the cat out of the bag!