444 inch bull from Missouri river breaks?

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
So wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has heard of a bull that was supposedly just killed in the Missouri river breaks that scores 444 allegedly? I got the picture from a friend who claims it is legit but with these stories you see every year I am always sceptical. Heard also the hunter was from Missoula.

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
Wow. Ya that's the same bull I got the picture of, only the hunter was holding the horns. What an awesome elk, I can't wait to hear the whole story!

HeartElk1

Mar 30, 2011
Wow - what a monster and taking it with a bow had to be one heck of an experience. I can't wait to read the story and get the details. Something I find particularly amazing is that with a gross typical score of 444, and assuming an inside spread of somewhere in the mid 40's, that bull could have an actual 200+ inches on EACH antler!!

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
I hope we get to see some more pictures of him soon! Man he is quite a bull. I would be curious to know what an estimated live weight on him was because he looks like a horse laying there. What a toad.

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
Well I talked to a game warden today, and he is pretty sure this bull didn't come out of the breaks, but out of the bearpaw mountains. That makes sense though, some giant bulls in the bearpaws.

labahertd

May 31, 2016
Northern California
I have hunted the 680 and 690 and there are some huge bulls in that area. We picked up a drop that the warden guessed out in the 200" range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk