4 pts for goats in 2016

DoubleTrouble

Apr 3, 2012
Two of us are traveling from Iowa.....we will have 4 pts each this year. Any opinions on going into special draw and getting a better than average unit? We were possibly thinking of 73 w/o the special draw to scout for mule deer too for following years.

Or is it better to join w another group and split up in a larger unit? Have killed several goats. First time building points.

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
I've heard good reports for 73. Talked to biologist and he told me numbers are great. Mid 70s goat can be expected he said. He said there was a LOT of young bucks last yr. Should be good this yr.

11C50

Oct 13, 2011
Edgar WI
With 4 points you can probably pull a tag for area 115 (at least in the special draw), which Eastman's had as a Blue Chip unit last year, green chip the year before. I hunted it last year and saw LOTS of goats. I ended up settling for a 75 inch goat on the last day of my hunt because the 2 Booners we had spotted simply would not leave the safety of the private property they were on. If you are interested I can recommend a reasonably priced outfitter as well.