300 win mag

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Slugs, Proof Research yes composite stock. So far with only 40 rounds thru, it's proving to be a tack driver! It's great to see him shooting it so good!

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Slugs, Proof Research yes composite stock. So far with only 40 rounds thru, it's proving to be a tack driver! It's great to see him shooting it so good!
Thanks Pete. I'm collecting info ( I'll post something soon). I wanna get my son a HS grad present and having a hard time deciding to put it together myself or just go to a custom shop. Thanks

Bowhunter_60

Feb 23, 2016
Northern Arizona
Big Fan of the 300WinMag. Ballistics are great. Accuracy is excellent. And it retains enough energy for the largest of North American Big Game at distances farther than I'm willing to shoot.

It's a proven caliber.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I got one in high school and decided to use it for everything. I was shooting 180gr Ballistic tips over a max load of RL22. I shot it at crows, coyotes, rocks, everything. I eventually shot the barrel out, but I was flinching pretty bad by that time. I re-barreled it to 264WM and love it for flatter country hunting antelope, whitetail, and some mule deer.

I did miss the horsepower of the 300 though. I decided to build another one last year to be my mountain rifle. I got a Rifles Inc LW70 with some modifications. I haven't owned it long, but it took it's first animal last fall. A muley at 358yds that I caught trotting away from us. When he stopped I shot him quartering hard, the AB penetrated all the way and exited behind the off shoulder. I still like the horsepower of the 300 and the brake takes out the bite. It's going to be a rifle I hunt with for many years. I use a 180gr Accubond at 2964fps from a 23" barrel. I hope to get another muley with it this fall and a moose next with it.