.300 PRC Video Overview

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Let the debate begin, is the .300 PRC better than the other magnum .30 cal cartridges out there or is this another tool for the hunter to use?

Todd did a great job on this review/overview, what do you guys think of this offering?
[video=youtube_share;o5aJV7MYFQo]https://youtu.be/o5aJV7MYFQo[/video]

muleyfool

Jun 7, 2018
Great video,
Interesting caliber, I personally have never handled one, the ballistic charts look to be little slower than the 300RUM but very efficient use of powder. I'm a big fan of the 30 cal. using heavy- high BC bullets. Todd made a good point of practicing at long range for medium range hunting shots.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Great video,
Interesting caliber, I personally have never handled one, the ballistic charts look to be little slower than the 300RUM but very efficient use of powder. I'm a big fan of the 30 cal. using heavy- high BC bullets. Todd made a good point of practicing at long range for medium range hunting shots.
Practice is a huge piece of the equation!

Reactions: Prerylyon

SpartanArmsLLC

Dec 7, 2020
I know that the 300 WIN MAG is one of the most versatile calibers ever. The 300 PRC is nice being that it is an unbelted case, very few advantage aside from not being able to find components to reload.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
The 300 PRC is seemingly catching on but I seriously doubt it'll edge out the 300 Win or 300 RUM. Time will tell. What I do like about it is that it's available with factory loaded heavy for caliber, high B.C. bullets and I'm not limited to handloading only for those.

jackkjohnn

Jul 18, 2022
The soundtrack is similar to what we were able to find in Far Cry 3, this time however we get a Himalayan version. As for the voice-overs, they are nicely done, especially when it comes to Pagan Min and the other main characters in the story. Nft games

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have been shooting a .300 Wby for years and it does the job for me. My reloads are deadly. My son has a ,300 RUM that we load for also. I have chronographed both of them and each has their area they do well. With 180 gr bullets, my Wby is better IMO, but when you go to 200 grainers, the RUM shines.

I don't plan on shooting any further than 500 yards, so no reason to change anything.

Reactions: DRUSS

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I have been shooting a .300 Wby for years and it does the job for me. My reloads are deadly. My son has a ,300 RUM that we load for also. I have chronographed both of them and each has their area they do well. With 180 gr bullets, my Wby is better IMO, but when you go to 200 grainers, the RUM shines.

I don't plan on shooting any further than 500 yards, so no reason to change anything.
I just got to say i am insanely jealous of that 300 wby ruger number 1 of yours!

Reactions: Bonecollector

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I just got to say i am insanely jealous of that 300 wby ruger number 1 of yours!
I love it too. In all the years I have been reloading (probably around 65), it was the easiest rifle to work up a load for of all the rifles I have owned. Granted I am a lot smarter about reloading than I was when I was younger, but hit on the load on the 3rd try. Saved lots of powder, primers & bullets...and my shoulder too.!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Anyone have a trajectory chart showing apples to apples a comparison of the 300 PRC VS the 300 Win Mag VS say a 30-06?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Anyone have a trajectory chart showing apples to apples a comparison of the 300 PRC VS the 300 Win Mag VS say a 30-06?
I don't have any trajectory charts, but I can speak to the subject regarding .300 Wby & .30-06 as I have both and load for both of them. It is impossible to get both of these 2 to have comparable ballistics with the SAME bullet weights.

I load my .300 Wby with 180 gr Nosler Partitions and my .30-06 with 150 gr Sierra BTs. The .300 mv is 3250 and the 06 is 3100 mv and they perform pretty close up to 300 yds, then the 06 really starts to give up when compared to the .300. Never shot either one beyond 500 yds, so I can't speak to anything beyond 500. The only way I get my 30-06 to shoot like it does is using an obsolete powder that you probably can't get anymore. Back in the 1950's my Dad and a couple of friends bought #50 of military surplus 4895 from the NRA. My rifle (a sporterized 03 Springfield) likes higher velocity loads. I load at max for that powder/bullet combination. (I load 53 grains). When I lighten the loads, groups go all to hell. I ran out of that powder years ago and had to find a new load that my gun liked but could never duplicate the original load. My Dad passed away in 2014 and when I was going thru all his reloading stuff, I discovered #5 of the old 4895. I loaded up some of the old loads and got my chrono out and went to the range. Yep you guessed it, the old Springfield was back shooting, lights out! I would not load any of the new IMR or H 4895 powders over 50 grains and that won't get what my loads do.

Long explanation, but had to say it!