.270 wsm?

OldGuy

Apr 11, 2011
Mid-America
has the .270 wsm lost its attraction? Savage Arms no longer lists that chambering in some models, although there are some of the rifles still available thru dealers. I sent them a message, asking for information, but no response yet.

Jim

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
I don't think it will fade away like the 7mm WSM will (or has). A lot of guns have been sold and a lot of ammunition manufacturers are still loading a wide variety of rounds for it. It is a great caliber, I have one, and it does basically everything a 7mm Rem mag does in a short action, just a far narrower range of bullet weights available in .270 compared to .284

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
It certainly hasn't lost attraction with me. I mostly archery hunt but love the Winchester model 70 I have, except finding ammo!

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
270wsm shouldn't lose its appeal. We reload, but never noticed a shortage of ammo at the Academy's around here.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
ammo is easy to find, the ammo you want is hard. why it is hard to find factory loaded 140 gr accubonds is beyond me, unless nosler just can't produce enough bullets.

Extractor

Jun 7, 2015
Appleton, Wisconsin
The gunsmith I use has had a tough time getting accubonds in multiple calibers including the LR's. He's been using more Berger VLD's.

I also believe the 270 WSM will be around a long time, have never had problem finding factory ammo here in Wisconsin.

Last edited: