2024 Hunts

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Since the deadline has passed, is anyone willing to share what you put in for?

I put in for my first hunt in Colorado, unit 161 mule deer third season. Never stepped foot in Colorado so I'm looking forward to exploring a new state while trying to find a decent buck.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I put in for points for elk and antelope. I put in for doe deer for third and fourth season. My friend I usually hunt with died in November so I figured it would be easier to handle a doe by myself than a buck.
That's when you pass the bigger bucks and shoot a fork horn..

I'm just collecting points. I doubt that I'll draw my muzzle loader deer tag for either unit. Points for elk and antelope.

Reactions: disabled combat vet

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
I know some hunters who draw a cow elk tag only to shoot a calf.

They say that they are a lot easier to pack out and the eating can't be beat.
yeah, i figured a doe would be easier to handle on my own, but maybe I will get brave next year a draw for a buck and maybe get it close to the road like I usually do.

Alaskabound2016

Oct 14, 2015
Colorado Springs
Everything Colorado.
- Mike Deer Buck 3rd season
- I’ll grab an OTC cow elk archery tag
- I’ll grab an OTC bull elk rifle tag for 2nd season
- Preference point for moose, Rocky Mountain sheep, goat

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Points across the board for all three of us for in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota , South Dakota, Georgia , Kansas and Utah.

LE DEER UTAH for me.
LE ELK UTAH for me.

Alberta archery bears in May.

Surprise birthday trip in late December. (Won’t know what that is until August)

Potentially going to do an OTC elk one last time in Colorado before she is gone forever.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Provided that NM gives everyone in my household the expected dose of red, it will be OTC elk in Colorado for me.

Will put the kids in on the secondary draw in CO, so that could change things. Points in CO, WY, AZ, UT, NV

And of course, whitetails at home.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have general elk and deer in MT, put in for deer in CO and raffle tags. Will put in for NV next, but likely only for points.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
3rd season deer. I was chasing a unit 40 3rd season tag but with the new 75/25 split I likely wouldn't draw for quite a few years. I decided to burn them on a unit without an OTC elk season going at the same time just to have a better experience. I have 3-4 more points than it should take to draw even with the new allocations. I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't been West in a couple years.