2023 AZ Javelina success!

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
West Texas
Once again, headed out with the crew to the great state of Arizona in search for the elusive javelina. Day two of the hunt was very productive for me. We glassed up a herd about 800 yds away Saturday afternoon. Made a move on them and got within 25 yards. When I came up on them, this sow presented a good shot and I took it.

AZ was very good to me this year. Harvested a nice bull elk in September, had a good opportunity at a nice coues buck in October and now this healthy javelina!
1.jpg

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Nice going.

You need to talk your group into using handguns or a muzzle loader, I feel it is a lot more fun especially when you can get within 25 yards. I have had them as close as right at my feet out to 150 yards with a handgun.

I wished that I was down there this year but the draw gods didn't smile on me. But they have cut the tags in half for the unit that I am familiar with and after close to 30 years of hunting it we are too old to change.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Good work, that is so much fun! I was successful with my MZ this year also. The weather was pretty tough at times this season :).
Congrats again, we just got through making a delicious batch of chorizo!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Once you learn where they live its easy . Use a predator call and they come right up to you. Shot My only bow kill at 4-5 Yards. Quit hunting them after that ,they were my pets when I lived in Cave Creek AZ. , they come through my property every nite and morning and tease my dogs. Lotta people love it. I 'm in to Turkeys as my fun. Congratulations..............................BOB!

Reactions: prhunter

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Once again, headed out with the crew to the great state of Arizona in search for the elusive javelina. Day two of the hunt was very productive for me. We glassed up a herd about 800 yds away Saturday afternoon. Made a move on them and got within 25 yards. When I came up on them, this sow presented a good shot and I took it.

AZ was very good to me this year. Harvested a nice bull elk in September, had a good opportunity at a nice coues buck in October and now this healthy javelina!
View attachment 43141
great way to start the year!

Reactions: prhunter