2023 AZ Coues Deer

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
It Starts tommorow. The hardest big Game animal to hunt in North America. If You have never done it You need to .Involves lots of patience and glassing from a Tri pod with 15 power Bino's . Most that are new to it will get there butt handed to them. Unless they go with an experienced person. Took me 3 years on my own to figure it out. Good luck All!.................BOB!

Reactions: prhunter

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It Starts tommorow. The hardest big Game animal to hunt in North America. If You have never done it You need to .Involves lots of patience and glassing from a Tri pod with 15 power Bino's . Most that are new to it will get there butt handed to them. Unless they go with an experienced person. Took me 3 years on my own to figure it out. Good luck All!.................BOB!
Everyone on the forum here that likes chasing deer needs to try hunting coues.

If you think that you know how to glass they will let you know just how much of a beginner you really are.

The same with stalking them, you'll find that they are the spookiest animal in North America in my book. I personally believe that the only animals that pay more attention to their surroundings are plains game over in Africa.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Taking off in the AM to chase coues deer in AZ. Report and pictures upon return.
Good luck out there! I hope to be back out in the next couple years. I drew a December tag the first time and ended up with a solid little 3x3, then changed to the early hunt, because it was so fun and the ease of the draw. I lucked out and killed a good buck that round also, but that was a tough time frame for sure :).
Looking forward to stories and pics!

Reactions: prhunter

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
West Texas
Hunted hard for the entire 7-day season and saw fewer deer than other years. Very dry conditions throughout the unit. No bucks harvested. Still had a great time with the crew. Already planning for the spring javelina hunt.

Reactions: hunter25 and JimP