2020 WSF SHOW

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
Anyone on here going to the Sheep Show this year? This will be my first time attending. Although its technically a "work" trip, I'll have some free time to do some advanced scouting for my sheep hunt ;-). Any suggestions on the "must attend" events or things to do? We plan on attending the <1 club and Legacy night....I want to watch one of those famous auctions!!!

Hope to see some of you there!

Reactions: sneakypete

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I’ll be there, there auctions are a must along with the <1 give away. If it’s a work event are you working a booth? If so which one. I also recommend Wild Garlic pizza if you like pizza. Which sheep are you planning to hunt?

Reactions: GOSHENGRUNTER

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
I’ll be there, there auctions are a must along with the <1 give away. If it’s a work event are you working a booth? If so which one. I also recommend Wild Garlic pizza if you like pizza. Which sheep are you planning to hunt?
I won't be working a booth, but will be working the floor a little and have a few meetings with outfitters and dealers I work with. Planning on booking a Dall hunt for '22 or '23. Gonna interview about every outfitter there haha.

uh, and pizza....im in!!!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I won't be working a booth, but will be working the floor a little and have a few meetings with outfitters and dealers I work with. Planning on booking a Dall hunt for '22 or '23. Gonna interview about every outfitter there haha.

uh, and pizza....im in!!!
Check out Canol outfitters in NWT, I know a guide that works there for the first hunt then heads to BC and guides for Stone Mountain Safaris.

Reactions: GOSHENGRUNTER

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
Wyoming Hart, how many years have you been in the <1 club? Congrats I was there !
I've been a member for 4 years and this is my 3rd year attending. I didn't even hear my name being announced, just my hometown, lol. The outfitter and I were talking about when I wanted to book with him just before heading in for the drawing. I said just to wait a couple months here and get those who he had commitments with scheduled, then I would pick, cause I have an application in for a Kodiak goat. Also, my buddy bought the auction tag last year and him and his ram are on the board for the hunt. How crazy is that?29335

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I've been a member for 4 years and this is my 3rd year attending. I didn't even hear my name being announced, just my hometown, lol. The outfitter and I were talking about when I wanted to book with him just before heading in for the drawing. I said just to wait a couple months here and get those who he had commitments with scheduled, then I would pick, cause I have an application in for a Kodiak goat. Also, my buddy bought the auction tag last year and him and his ram are on the board for the hunt. How crazy is that?View attachment 29335
Did ya book with Aaron? He's a character and a really nice guy.

Reactions: Wyoming Hart

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I have the bug again to go sheep hunting. I have a 3\4 slam. Todays prices are scaring the shit out of me.
I paid 6 for my dall in 2007, when I looked the other day I was seeing low to mid 20's.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I have the bug again to go sheep hunting. I have a 3\4 slam. Todays prices are scaring the shit out of me.
I paid 6 for my dall in 2007, when I looked the other day I was seeing low to mid 20's.
Which ram do you need to complete your slam? Are you a member of the WSF ? if so you should be in the “ one more for four club” This year they gave away a Desert hunt and one more hunt to a member needing a fourth.

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
Did you find a hunt?
More than a couple! Congrats on that <1 win! So cool! I was sitting up front with the Blue Moon guys. Pretty fun event.

I'm booked with Hurtle Creek for 2021. Found a couple goat guys for 2022 i gotta call some references on too. I talked to Aaron a few times as well and almost booked with him. Definitely would've been the one I chose had I won that draw too!