2020 Fishing

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
We are starting to get snow and colder weather so hopefully get some ice here soon maybe get some ice fishing in before the seasons over.

Heard from others if I drove 2 -3 hours north of my house they have about 6-8 inches of ice on most of there lakes

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Just wish I could find someone that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg to replicate it.
Yeah it's not cheap to get fish taxidermy done. Cause of the time they have to spend on it. With what My taxidermist charged on my walleye when I picked it up he told me with his time and material he makes like no money and might stop doing fish for awhile cause the deer are where his money is made. But he loves doing fish. But he is back logged so bad he had to do an extremely limited amount of new deer coming in. In Hope's of catching back up.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
That is just a good crappie in this area. We grow them a lot bigger. I wish I still had the photo of a 20 fish limit of 2 lbs + fish I caught a few years back. If I remember correct it was just under 45 lbs total. Now that was a good day
Those are big for by me. That be a hell of a limit