2020 Fishing

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Figured we get it started since it's the new year now.

Planning to try out ice fishing with a coworker this year if the weather ever figures out what season it is.

Also get some fishing in well on our bear hunt in Ontario this September

Reactions: gonhunting247

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
I will probably ice fish locally 50 times this winter. We’re taking the family to the east cape of baha for 10 days in March, with 3 full day charters. Then spend as much time at our island cabin in Canada as possible, with numerous bass tournaments with my 2 boys. We fish a lot

minn elk chaser

Jan 6, 2014
Annual trips to Canada and Sitka planned for this summer. In 2019 I managed to fish on 46 different lakes so with try to beat that in 2020. I live in the middle of lake country in Minnesota so plenty of lakes to fish.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Just adjusted the valves on my mudmotor, changed the oil, checked my troller batteries, waxed my bowstring, cleaned the blood off my arrows, replaced my string, and sharpened my tips....Stingrays, gar, and carp. Its happening.

Then it will be so hot I will go back into hiding until September. lol

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Just booked my Alaskan fishing trip. August 8 thru 13th. Right during the peak of the Coho run. Kings, Halibut, Lings & other bottom fish too.
That sounds like do much fun. We just booked a lake trout and salmon charter in the Upper Peninsula for a day on our drive back home from our bear hunt in September. Super excited to fish the monster Lakers that Lake Superior can hold

Reactions: gonhunting247

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Alaska is on the list for 2021 Kodiak Island First week of July for end of kings and start of coho plus lings and halibut

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Got a call from the taxidermist last night that my walleye and brothers walleye were done from our trip to Canada in 2018. Picked them up this morning super happy with them he does good work. It was my brother and I first ever walleyes we caught.

Pics of my fish below

Attachments

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Not sure I'm going to get a chance to ice fish this year. We just cant get any ice formed on the lakes. Here in southern Michigan. Couple cold days then we are back in the high thirties for a week has been the pattern. At this rate I'll have to try it out next year lol.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Same problem here in Ohio - went to lake and it was just enough of a crust to keep one from fishing and no near ready to walk out and auger.

Last edited: