2018 coyote count started today

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Got one this morning in my bare feet. Dog was looking out the window and got excited, so I snuck out the back door and made it countA1A911E4-6C30-4B64-8DF1-7D2C2CC45087.jpg

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Unfortunately, this coyote got away after we caught it in the act of mauling this fawn. I think the fawn survived, this time!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I may have already posted this. But this is one little song dog that didn't survive "Thor"....bet you he only weighed 20 pounds.

I try to do my part for conservation every chance I get.

IMG_7618.jpg

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Wondering how many McSeal got this year-2018?
45 so far. Was whitetail hunting this morning and passed one at 50 yards. I want 50 yotes pretty bad, I almost said heck with deer and shot him. Pretty nice buck living in the spot I snuck into though so I didn't.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
What do you do with all these yotes?
I give them to a buddy that traps a lot of them. He has a big family and can use the extra $. I don't want to turn it into work for myself personally, I hunt the for the enjoyment of it and the benefit to our cattle and the fawns. Time I spend away from the kiddos skinning yotes is time I could spend hunting without missing family time.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
seal, I know we discussed this in the past but I cannot recall. What type of gadget are you utilizing to drawl the Utes attention away from the Shooter and is it attached to your fox pro sound box? Just curious as to what you?re using and what you like as there?s always something new coming out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I sometimes use the attached decoy that looks like a bird, but mostly use a Mojo critter on a extended stake. I hunt a lot in pastures or fields with stalks still in them that need the height for the decoy to be visible.

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
Hey Mcseal2, I did a little search on coyotes and your name comes up quite often. I just started hunting coyote on the eastern plains of CO. On 2 different trips, we get them to come in pretty easy to about 300 yards. They like to hold up there and be patient, they have been educated over the years. There is nothing to hide behind. Fence posts with weeds, tall grass with a large yucca, Maybe some small trees once in a while. I think they see us for the most part. Is there a call that works well with the remote that will work at extended range, 200 to 300 yards? I think as the dogs come in, they see us, or our shape close to the call and the gig is up. We have managed a few shots but most encounters end up with the coyote running away. We also have a lot of wind. We set up with the call downwind and even with the volume up all the way we cant hear it. We have our best luck in the morning when it is still, we can see them coming from a mile. Any thoughts?