2016 OTC archery deer tag

win264

Feb 17, 2014
I'm wanting to purchase my OTC archery deer tag for 2016 for the first hunt coming this January.
When/Where can I purchase the tag for 2016? I wanted to be hunting on New Year's Day and was wondering if I can get this permit prior to January.
If you have done this hunt before any info on acquiring the tag would be appreciated.

Thanks!

win264

Feb 17, 2014
Hey thanks for the response! I've been through the regs and can't find much info on this, i may have to call G&F but thought I'd try here first.

Thank You

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
I'd click on the link, go to hunting regs, look at page 42 of the regulations. Lists all the archery units open into 2016. Never known a OTC hunt here one could not purchase the requisite license/tag prior to the season dates. Never tried the hunt, but the online AZ licensing system is generally pretty user friendly. Hope you have a great hunt!

win264

Feb 17, 2014
Thanks, Ive seen the open units, seasons etc.it look like an awesome tag especially in January I'm just trying to buy the darn tag! Lol
I've been told I can't purchase it online like their license,.... there is a form I could fill out and send in, but what I'm hearing is to just go by a G&F office or Walmart and purchase it when I get there. Soooo that s probably what I'll do, after I call the G&F and ask about the form, I'd just like to have it before I get there, just one less thing I'd have to do.

Thank You!!

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Or just figure out where your huntin, swing by Wally World or a local archery shop and they'll get you all set up.