2011 AZ Coues

shanehamblin

Apr 9, 2011
Here is my 2011 Coues. I wrote a big long story I dont know why it wasnt posted but it took me forever so Im just posting pictures now. He wasnt the biggest buck we hunted but I couldnt be happier with him. The trailcam pic is a buck we have been hunting for a couple years and I blew it on this year and a pic of my brothers muley.

shane_007.jpgshane_015.jpgshane_017.jpgtrailcam3.jpgleesbuck.jpg

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Here is my 2011 Coues. I wrote a big long story I dont know why it wasnt posted but it took me forever so Im just posting pictures now. He wasnt the biggest buck we hunted but I couldnt be happier with him. The trailcam pic is a buck we have been hunting for a couple years and I blew it on this year and a pic of my brothers muley.

View attachment 821View attachment 822View attachment 823View attachment 824View attachment 825
Congrats that's a really nice buck! I took a nice one back in 2006 in velvet. There a blast to hunt with a bow. I need to get back down to AZ and hunt them again.

Midwest to Outwest

Apr 17, 2011
Glendale, AZ
My AZ Coues story.

I was also hunting Coues deer in AZ in January. I had spotted a great buck ( approaching 100 inches) one evening, in one of my favorite areas. Too late for a stalk, I watched him till dark and relocated him in the morning. He was chasing another buck all over the draw I had seen him in the night before. I would watch, move in closer, wait till they would disappear, move again. Then I would only see the smaller one but was sure the big was near. When the smaller one bedded in a great stalkable position I decided that I would be more than happy if I could make him My FIRST AZ deer. Especially given that the wind in this area seems to change directions every 15 minutes. ( It usually changes to blow whichever direction my binoculars are pointing.)and my empty freezer at home. Anyhow, I made a great shot and watched the buck lay down and die 50 yards away. Not my biggest trophy (only scored approx 60 inches)but one of the most satisfying. Here's the funny part: as I stand over the buck I shot with my tag in my hand, the big buck comes walking past where I had been sitting for the shot and up to within 25 yards of me! In the wide open desert! He then stood there long enough for me to dig into my pocket, pull out my cell phone(camera was on the tripod 10 ft away) turn on phone navigate to camera mode and snap about 15 pics all with one hand, since I was holding my white tag behind my back. He was there about 5min until I shooed him off so I could start my pack out before it got dark. The cell phone pic definately does him NO justice but you get the picture. He was heavy and had nice brows, great G2s good 3s and is on my list for next year.IMGP5253 - Copy.jpg20110109163059.jpg