12 elk points for Wyoming?

jaeger63

Jun 14, 2015
Colorado Springs, Co
I'm Tony Cleveland from Colorado. Ive not been on the site for awhile but I'm finally planning to try and draw a Wyoming elk tag this year so thought Id poke around on here a little bit. I'll be putting in with 12 points for this years draw. Ive got it narrowed doen to 3 units now and I would like to ask opinions of those who may have hunted these units. I'm not asking for specific areas or spots but only if you had a good hunt and do you feel it was worth your points. Im considering area 38 - 9, 45 -1, and 54 -9. I don;t have enough points to draw 54-1 but I do a type 9. I hear the grizz are out of control now in 54 andf I'm not sure I want to deal with that even though I hear the unit has great trophy potential. Thanks much in advance for anyone willing to share their thoughts on these units. If you would rather chat privately I can be reached at 719 930-1098 or at: bogenjaeger63@gmail.com
When I do choose my unit I would be willing to share specific specific coordinates info on a couple of Colorado draw units if anyone would be willing to reciprocate. Thanks much

Last edited:

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
I'm Tony Cleveland from Colorado. Ive not been on the site for awhile but I'm finally planning to try and draw a Wyoming elk tag this year so thought Id poke around on here a little bit. I'll be putting in with 12 points for this years draw. Ive got it narrowed doen to 3 units now and I would like to ask opinions of those who may have hunted these units. I'm not asking for specific areas or spots but only if you had a good hunt and do you feel it was worth your points. Im considering area 38 - 9, 45 -1, and 54 -9. I don;t have enough points to draw 54-1 but I do a type 9. I hear the grizz are out of control now in 54 andf I'm not sure I want to deal with that even though I hear the unit has great trophy potential. Thanks much in advance for anyone willing to share their thoughts on these units. If you would rather chat privately I can be reached at 719 930-1098 or at: bogenjaeger63@gmail.com
When I do choose my unit I would be willing to share specific specific coordinates info on a couple of Colorado draw units if anyone would be willing to reciprocate. Thanks much
If it were me, I'd look at Unit 24. I've spent some time there (not hunting) but never had a problem finding decent elk. 12 points was 59% odds in the regular and 100% in the special. Shoot me a message if you want to talk about this one. Good luck!

Also be sure to go to the new members section and introduce yourself. A lot more likely to get some help if you stick around and chat a while ;-) Happy hunting!

jaeger63

Jun 14, 2015
Colorado Springs, Co
If it were me, I'd look at Unit 24. I've spent some time there (not hunting) but never had a problem finding decent elk. 12 points was 59% odds in the regular and 100% in the special. Shoot me a message if you want to talk about this one. Good luck!

Also be sure to go to the new members section and introduce yourself. A lot more likely to get some help if you stick around and chat a while ;-) Happy hunting!
Thanks for your post. I would like to chat more with you about unit 24. I said I had narrowed it down to those 3 I mentioned but I could certainly change my mind as well. Thanks