What do you think you'll draw 2023

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I had a big year last year and the year before in Nv so I’m not expecting much.
I’m in the waiting period for Elk and Antelope in Nv so I only have a chance for deer. I only have 2 points so I’m not very hopeful.
Wyoming Antelope is my best bet but now with the chance of tags being cut I’m not sure how that will shake out either. I’m going to hold off on Deer in Wyoming just because of the hard winter and buy a point.
This year I think I’ll hit the rivers and do more fly fishing in multiple states.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
I had a big year last year and the year before in Nv so I’m not expecting much.
I’m in the waiting period for Elk and Antelope in Nv so I only have a chance for deer. I only have 2 points so I’m not very hopeful.
Wyoming Antelope is my best bet but now with the chance of tags being cut I’m not sure how that will shake out either. I’m going to hold off on Deer in Wyoming just because of the hard winter and buy a point.
This year I think I’ll hit the rivers and do more fly fishing in multiple states.
Yeah you had a stellar year last season, sometimes i enjoy just going on others hunts on years i don't draw.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
No D,E,A hunt for me this year. Trying to do things on the cheap for a change.

I should draw my Colorado Bear tag but with the point creep (even for bears) you just never know...
I should draw in for the State Park deer hunt I have been putting in for in GA. (7 Points)
I should draw in for the WMA deer hunt I have been putting in for in GA. (6 Points)

Reactions: gonhunting247

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I’ll draw a first season Colorado elk tag for a unit I know very well. I put the kids in for deer, elk and Antelope in NM - odds aren’t good but who knows. If they don’t draw in NM I’ll put them in for the “kids” draw in Colorado. Points only everywhere else.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Between my daughter and myself, we have 22 apps in. fingers crossed
Can't draw if you aren't in the game...

I drew my Montana deer tag so I should have a fun hunt when the time comes. I will be filming Brandon until he fills then It will be my turn.

Wyoming is still up in the air but is for sure my bread and butter. Regardless it will be fun when it happens.

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
Looks like I will be only applying for antelope this year as I should draw a CO mule deer tag. Unfortunatly my odds of drawing the units I want in NV have been decreasing the last couple years as more applicants enter the draw.

Could be another ten years of waiting to draw a NV tag

Probably the one state that I cant wait to draw a tag then get out. Financially a new out of state hunter may be better off saving money and buying a hunt. Its gotten that bad.

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
I have a lot of applications out there but I am not counting on drawing any of them. I am hoping my daughter draws a Wyoming elk tag.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
My North Dakota application just went in this morning.

Statistically speaking (with my wife and my applications grouped) there is probably a .0001% chance of us both drawing the tags. So basically, if we don't have some kind of miracle from Jesus, we are just in it for points.

When we get serious, we will need to apply separately.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Maybe a buck antelope (Hybrid draw) here in Colorado. It is the only tag I applied for. Point for everything else here in Colorado and will put in for points in Wyoming too.

After the replacement knee situation and after 2 surgeries and a long PT schedule, I figured an antelope hunt would be the only thing I could do. Will know in a month or so if I am going to hunt this year.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
The only hunt I am planning on is an archery mule deer tag in Colo…

Wife is 50/50 if she will draw a rifle bull tag..

My 79 year old father will hopefully draw a late season cow tag.

Daughter will be 12 at the end of September and already passed hunters Ed so hope to turn up a deer and elk tag for her somehow.