Western Colorado Snowpack Conditions

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just looked at the current snowpack conditions for western Colorado (west of I-25) and things are pretty encouraging. From a low of 82% of normal to a high of 105%, with SW Colorado at 95%. The latest storm was pretty wet and things look good for this year. It will taken several more years just like this year to fill up all the reservoirs in the Colorado River basin. This is a good start.

Last edited:

El Serio

Feb 1, 2018
Here's hoping for a few more good storms. I'm in Western Utah and our snowpack is still well below average (around 70%) in my area. At least it is better than last year. I suspect it will take many years for the local deer herd to recover. Lots of seeps dried up or shrunk drastically around here. The reservoir that provides the irrigation water for my town is only at about half full (in a normal year it overflows in the spring) We were only allowed 40% of our usual irrigation allotment last year.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
we will get about 50%. unless we get some pretty good storms in the next couple months we will be out of water by mid june.