The Memes Thread!

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I'd venture to guess all of us at one point or another had vaccines throughout our lives. Smallpox has killed over 300 million people since 1900. Smallpox was eradicated in the United States by 1949, and the world by 1977 and has saved millions of lives. I'm certainly not comparing the lethality between Covid-19 and Smallpox (33% lethality rate); just showing the power that mass vaccination can have on peoples lives. Vaccines can prevent all kinds of nasty virus's such as chickenpox, diphtheria, hepatits A & b, HPV, measles, meningococcal, mumps, polio, rubella, tetanus and whooping cough.

If our vaccination rate continues to hover at 50% we will be dealing with this virus for the foreseeable future.
I agree with what you are saying and if this vaccine was a classic vaccine like the smallpox vaccine I would be leading the charge for every one to get the shot. I am not sure what to make of an mRNA vaccine and don’t appreciate being told to shut up and take the shot (not saying that’s what you are doing) Only time will tell what the effectiveness and side effects truly are and I plan to continue to be patient and absorb all of the available information.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I agree with what you are saying and if this vaccine was a classic vaccine like the smallpox vaccine I would be leading the charge for every one to get the shot. I am not sure what to make of an mRNA vaccine and don’t appreciate being told to shut up and take the shot (not saying that’s what you are doing) Only time will tell what the effectiveness and side effects truly are and I plan to continue to be patient and absorb all of the available information.
all good posts but let' take it to a 19 thread men!