Ladies need some help

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Ladies and guys please ask your ladies what pack they prefer. My wife just told me her womans day pack i got her last year wont cut it on her bull hunt in November.

My wife is 5 foot 7 around 170 lbs. She hauled out 60 lbs of backstrap and trim meat from last years cow but that pack really should be used for books or nature trails not hunting. She did really like the gun scabbard it had .

Needing ideas of what to start looking at.

This is her on the way up the hill last year

Maybe a badlands 2200?

Attachments

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
My sister just got the new Sitka women’s pack and is impressed with it so far. I don’t think she has done anything but play with it at the house, but did mention she liked the adjustment and shoulder straps.

idcwby

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
The Badlands 2200 is a good pack and they back their products well. It can be cinched down to next to your back and has plenty of storage.
Would she consider a pack frame for hauling and a better day pack for general hunting? I wear a day pack capable of carrying a load of boned out meat on the first trip and then switch to a pack frame for hauling the heavier quarters.
The amount you want to spend may dictate how you choose.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Ya we dont tend to make more then one trip. So she wants a pack that will allow her to carry out a quarter.
Last year 5 of us , her included carried out 2 cows in one trip. Be 4 of us this year

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
My spouse would like a new Kifaru for next season. She likes mine, so, I think between now and next season (2020) we will drive down to Kifaru offices and get her measured up.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
depends how much you want to spend. I am pretty sure she would be happy with an EXO but it wil cost you 6 or 7 hundred depending on which you choose.

is that an eberlestock she is wearing? if so, I didn't much care for them either . they seemed to be tough and well made but heavy and uncomfortable . that said, not a bad option , FOR THE PRICE.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Its a Tenzing pack for women, most of the "womens" packs we have looked at are just too small or don't have enough support to haul any weight. Looked at the badlands Kalai and the reviews are its great till after the shot then not enough room.