NRA

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The sad thing is that the Board of Directors hires him. The Board is elected by the Life (and above) Members. The Board is packed with his supporters and the rest is history. I have several friends who tried to get elected to the Board and it ended up being almost impossible. I am a Benefactor Life Member (have been over 70 years) and the NRA has drifted away from it's core mission and into politics and we are suffering from it.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Good riddance. I hope this is a wake up call and they turn things around. Im guessing not since the shady shit has been going on for so many years its engrained in the culture.

Reactions: mnhoundman

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Other orgs have grown in their place, ones that really litigate In favor of gun owners and know how to win. The NRA’s momentum is gone.

Reactions: idcwby

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The problem that I see is once a organization gets large enough and they start taking in very large sums of money there is going to be corruption, I don't care who it is.

Take a look at just about any non profit group and you will see that the vast majority of the money that is given to them is spent on overhead with less than 10% actually going to what you think.

Many years ago a 2nd Amendment group tried to strong arm me into donating more money. They claimed that they had documents that I had signed saying how much I was going to give them and that they were going to hold me to it. After I threatened to go to their states attorney general did they back off. I'm not going to name them but they are a well known group.

But back to the NRA there are a lot that complain that they are doing very little for hunting. Well, hunting isn't about what they are fighting for. I also don't know just what is required for them to step in when anti gun laws are passed. I know that here in Colorado that Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is the group that is taking all the Colorado laws to court and not the NRA, but after I looked into them I decided not to join them.

In the end a person just needs to do their homework on what groups they want to join and donate money to.

Lou (Louis)

Aug 10, 2023
NorCal
Wonder if there is a website out there that gives you percentages (ie, where a donated dollar goes- the cause, salaries, etc) on different organizations?

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Wonder if there is a website out there that gives you percentages (ie, where a donated dollar goes- the cause, salaries, etc) on different organizations?
There is.