Elk Hunt

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
If anyone is sitting on 13+ points and want one hell of a backcountry horseback Elk hunt take a hard look at Shoshone Lodge Outfitters.
make sure if you contact Josh you tell him Eastmans sent you!

Reactions: Wyoming Hart

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
If anyone is sitting on 13+ points and want one hell of a backcountry horseback Elk hunt take a hard look at Shoshone Lodge Outfitters.
make sure if you contact Josh you tell him Eastmans sent you!
have you been on a trip with them?
my wife has 13

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Sitting on 12 elk points and 14 mule deer points in Wyoming. Was never the plan to be a point collector but a divorce in 2015 changed how I could spend money. I wasn't a fan of the guided hunt I went on 20 years ago, not the outfitters fault, just wasn't my thing. Given my age now I might just have to go with one when I burn my points. I'll keep these guys in mind.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Sitting on 12 elk points and 14 mule deer points in Wyoming. Was never the plan to be a point collector but a divorce in 2015 changed how I could spend money. I wasn't a fan of the guided hunt I went on 20 years ago, not the outfitters fault, just wasn't my thing. Given my age now I might just have to go with one when I burn my points. I'll keep these guys in mind.
If you are wanting a horse driven, backcountry style elk hunt they are hard to beat.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I’m kinda in your same boat. I stacked up lots of Wyoming points and just felt the same way. The older I get the harder the elk hunts are for me. I decided to burn my Wyoming elk point with an outfitter to ensure an epic adventure hunt and a great bull.

Reactions: buckbull