2023 general tag

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I couldn’t even get online this morning to even try and get a tag! Just logged on again…….still backed up! Guess I won’t be getting a general tag for this year. Onto the controlled draw for this guy.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I didn't even roll the dice, Idaho is not on my list for next year. We will see how Montana, Wyoming and maybe even some midwestern states pan out.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Got an email from fish and game apologizing for their system being backed up. Hopefully they fix this issue in the future. I’m not really mad about it, but it’s frustrating. Maybe it’ll be a blessing and I’ll just draw my sheep tag this year!

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
don't understand why non res keep wanting to come here. there is no game in Idaho, wolves got em. lol.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I'm sure a ton of them will be returned as people draw limited tags. A lot of people buy these as a back-up plan to make sure they still have a tag in 23.

Reactions: kidoggy

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I am betting that the state is all draw in the next few years.
I hope not. I hate to say it but if they raised tag prices it might help, even though I would like to be able to afford a non-res tag every once in awhile. The other thing I’ve been wondering is if they changed the deer tags to zones like elk if it would lessen the demand on the computer.
The thing they should do is, if you buy a tag you can’t apply for the draw hunts, I think this may make some people decide.

Reactions: Muley bound

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
A little price increase sure wouldn’t through me out. As long as it’s not too drastic! Your idea of buying a tag then not being able to apply for the draw isn’t a bad idea, but I feel there would be a big opposition to that.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
A little price increase sure wouldn’t through me out. As long as it’s not too drastic! Your idea of buying a tag then not being able to apply for the draw isn’t a bad idea, but I feel there would be a big opposition to that.
Mainly because fish and game would lose application money, but from a non-res perspective, I’d be willing to try anything to make it better with it all being a draw. There already is a few that forfeit the privilege of applying for controlled deer, elk, and antelope because we apply for moose, sheep, or mtn goat. The other option of raising tag prices would be to keep raising them until tags aren’t selling as fast. I know you don’t want to see that, but it may be the way to keep it from being a draw only solution.