Michigan Bear hunting adventure

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Friday was uneventful nothing came in.

Sitting out here for my last day all day sit again 830am to 815pm.

Pulled cameras and the big bear came in at 916pm last night (friday) so 45 mins after we left.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I have never done it but some bear hunters I know claim that if you have a nocturnal bear, they will get some bear crap from someone else’s bait and put it by the bait of the nocturnal bear. Supposedly it’s territorial instincts will kick in and it will visit the bait more frequently. No idea if this actually works, I wasn’t crazy about hauling bear crap around.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Man, it wasn't for the lack of effort. There is lots involved in bear hunting. I really enjoyed this thread, it was always the first one I clicked on.

Reactions: marcusvdk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Bears are so nocturnal. They can be super hard to hunt. We killed almost all of our bears in PA by tracking them in the snow. Without that it is like hunting a needle in a haystack.

You still get to rifle hunt right?

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Bears are so nocturnal. They can be super hard to hunt. We killed almost all of our bears in PA by tracking them in the snow. Without that it is like hunting a needle in a haystack.

You still get to rifle hunt right?
No this was the rifle hunt. Technically I have a few days in October with archery but I'm not as good with archery and don't feel comfortable with bear hunting with a bow. It also falls during our deer archery season adding way more competition for space in the woods.