CA opening weekend success

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Congrats on the bird.

I got lucky years ago and found several boxes of 3.5" Winchester HV #5's on sale for $5/box at Walmart. I should be good to go for the foreseeable future. lol

Reactions: 00BUCK

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
I'm referring to how its still very hard out here in Cali to find the ammo that you want.

I think we all know that a 3 inch will take a Tom
By the way, nice tom. Was watching some Outdoor Channel stuff this weekend where hunters were killing Thunder Chickens w/410's & using #9 TSS shot out to 40 yards & you are right ammo is hard to find. But recently at BPS & SW the shelves the last 2 weeks the shelves are starting to fill up. Am hoping to kill a tom w/a bow this year. Good luck for the rest of the season

Reactions: 00BUCK

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
By the way, nice tom. Was watching some Outdoor Channel stuff this weekend where hunters were killing Thunder Chickens w/410's & using #9 TSS shot out to 40 yards & you are right ammo is hard to find. But recently at BPS & SW the shelves the last 2 weeks the shelves are starting to fill up. Am hoping to kill a tom w/a bow this year. Good luck for the rest of the season
All three of my kids killed Toms with a 410 when they were little. I was nervous letting them do it initially, but really surprised with the results.